Tuesday, October 11, 2011

More Mail Art

moon & angels mail art

I've had a few mail art swaps this month and have had a lot of fun making the pieces.


This moon & angel piece kind of came from nowhere. I was just working with colors and shapes, then I found the image and when I got it down on the piece I knew the male had to be a guardian angel, not a love interest. I don't know why, I just had this strong urge to make him an angel. So I created his wings and did some shading and I love how it came out.
The quote says:

BCA ATC Swap
"If you're feeling lonely for the one you love, look to Heaven, in the sky above."

It made me a bit emotional when I was working on this peace. I have to admit, I cried a little.  *blushes*

The second envelope was for a ATC swap on Your Paper Pantry. I didn't have to decorate the envelope, but I felt inspired so I did. Again, all my favorite colors here...love the pinks/blues/purples with black.  I used a quote from Christophere Reeve that I think is very fitting.

I hope my swap leader gets warm fuzzies when she opens her mailbox and sees all the colors.

Save the Ta-Tas ATC cards for swap
I made simple ATC's for the swap, even though they were not very simple to make. It was a breast cancer awareness theme so I made some blinged out bras with my favorite BCA sentiment: "Save the Ta-Tas." I really wanted to keep it upbeat and positive, with a little whimsey. So I like how they turned out. I can't wait to get all the ATC's from the trade. This will be my second "official" online ATC swap. I'm loving it.

2 comments:

  1. I like the atc's for breast cancer awareness theme you made. I know they are one of a kind! Your mail art would make the receiver very happy!

    kraftykj swap bot love comment blog 4

    ReplyDelete